Please send your questions to lindsey.snopek@gmail.com. I will select questions at random to answer Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I will also post tips and reviews on things I think are important, so check back frequently.















Question from Stuck in the Middle

Sorry to all of my readers for the break in posts.  I was on vacation in the lovely state of Wisconsin, but have returned to tell it like it is.  Thanks for reading!

Dear Lindsey,
I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years and about 3 months ago I cheated on him with a co-worker while I was drunk at a work party.  It was a stupid decision that I deeply regret.  I haven't told my boyfriend yet because I just can't come up with the right words to express how stupid I am and how much I love him.  The worst part is that I recently found out I'm pregnant and the conception date would be right about the time I cheated.  With a baby now in the mix, I'm debating whether I should even tell my boyfriend or not and just let him think the baby is his.  If I did that, my child would grow up with a loving father, but if I told him the truth I risk losing him and having no father for my baby.  I'm absolutely stuck as to what I should do.  Please help.

Dear Stuck in the Middle,
Next time you decide to get drunk at a party, please keep your legs closed.  This is one of the most careless acts I've ever heard of.  I can't believe you pulled a "Maury Povich" and have no idea who your baby's daddy is. 
You absolutely have to tell both men.  You made the stupid decision to cheat on your boyfriend, and now you must live with the consequences.  It's not fair to anyone to assume the baby is your boyfriend's and go on living your lives as normal.  What happens if God forbid something happens to your child and it's exposed that he has neither of your blood types, but in fact has the blood type of your co-worker.  It's a long-shot scenario, but if something like that happens you are going to make your life much worse.  The truth always ends up coming out somehow, and it's always better to just fess up instead of lying.
Tell both men right away so you know where you stand with each of them.  If your boyfriend cans your ass, then too bad, you deserve it.  Your co-worker also needs to know that he could potentially be a daddy because that is a life-long commitment that he needs to prepare himself for.
I would get the baby tested as soon as it's safe so these two poor saps aren't left in the lurch.  If both men abandon you then you need to start figuring out what you're going to do to support both you and your child.  Please don't screw up your kid's life any more than it already is just because you couldn't keep your panties on!
Lots of Love,
Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment