Please send your questions to lindsey.snopek@gmail.com. I will select questions at random to answer Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I will also post tips and reviews on things I think are important, so check back frequently.















Question from "Stabbed in the Back"

Dear Lindsey,
I don't know what to do. Over a year ago I allowed by brother and his wife to move in with their 3 daughters (they were experiencing some financial difficulties). I recently found out that my husband slept with my sister-in-law. I'm completely devestated. I'm significantly more attrative than her and would have never thought my husband to be a cheater. I guess since I was working my long hours as a jewlery manager at Walmart he felt neglected. My brother was also shocked about what transpired. When I found out I told them they both were to get the hell out of my house. My husband and I are now in counseling. I just feel so betrayed. I wonder if the hurt I feel will ever be healed. Should I just cut my losses and move on?     P. S. We have no children.   Thank you. Signed; Stabbed in the Back

Dear Stabbed in the Back,
The first thought that comes to mind is to somehow get them in a moving car together and make sure the break line is cut.  Since your sister-in-law is a mother, and it's an illegal act, I guess that's not really an option.  Cheating is always difficult to deal with, and it makes it even worse when family is involved.
If your husband was feeling so neglected he should have thought with the head on his neck and not the one in his pants and came to you first to discuss his feelings.  Don't even get me started on your sister-in-law.  You were kind enough to take your brother and his family into your home and this is how she repays you???  Wow, what a b**ch!  Plus think of how much she's hurt your brother and nieces.  You have no reason to speak to her ever again!
Here's some food for thought.  If you stay with your husband, will you always have that thought in the back of your mind about his infidelity and if it will happen again?  If so, can you live with those thoughts for the rest of your life?  On top of that, is it going to affect your relationship with your brother to stay with your husband?  How are family gatherings going to be if your brother and the dude that porked his wife are in the same room together?  You must be close with your brother if you were willing to take him and his family in, so will you have to cut ties with him if you stay married or juggle relationships between the two?
If you've given those questions some thought and still think you want to stay with the cheating bastard, then PLEASE stay in couseling because you'll need it.  Just remeber, there's plenty of swans in the lake.  Why you ask do I use that analogy intead of "fish in the sea"?  Well, swans mate for life unlike your cheating husband!
Lots of love,
Lindsey

1 comment: