Many of us struggle with our weight whether it be an extra 5 pounds or 500 pounds. Here are some simple tips besides a healthy diet and excersice to help you shed some pounds just in time for swim suit season.
1. Try drinking a glass or two of water before each meal. The water will help you fill up before the meal and hopefully you won't eat so much. Then give your kidneys a work out and continue to drink lots of water throughout the day! This is good for your skin too!
2. When eating out, try cutting your meal in half when it arrives at the table and ask for a to-go box right away. Put one half in the to-go box right so it's out of your sight and then eat the rest. If you need to, put the to-go box on a chair or somewhere out of your sight if it's still calling your name.
3. Cut out pictures of supermodels and put your head on their body. Then cut out a picture of what you look like now. Paste both to your fridge and to your work-out equipement, such as your treadmill, to help keep you motivated. Change the real picture of you weekly to see how close you're coming to super model status. Although most of us will never look like a supermodel, it's a nice goal to shoot for.
4. I'm not going to tell you to avoid alchohol, unless you're recovering and in an AA program. Do try to pick lower calorie options such as light beer, wine, or cocktails make with low calorie mixers. Fruit juices can be a great alternative to mixers as well. Vodka and cranberrry, YUM!! When you're out on the town ask the bartender what they have in a low calorie option. They should know, that's their job. Side note, the higher the alcohol content, the higher the calories.
5. Do activities that are fun for you. If you hate running, you're not going to stick with it long enough to see a difference. There are a ton of things that are actually fun that keep you on your toes. If you enjoy running, good for you but don't try to convert us non-runners into runners! Pole dancing is a fun option and it can be useful in your dating/married life as well.
6. Buy yourself something that makes you feel and look good in your current size. If you keep trying to fit into smaller things with the hopes that some day they'll fit it can get discouraging and frustrating. Why not try to feel good about yourself while you're trying to lose weight?
7. Most important, don't compare yourself to everyone else you see. Bodies come in many different types and if you're 5'2" with an hourglass shape, you're never going to look the same as your best friend who is 5'11" with a straight frame. It's just not going to happen.
If all else fails just remember the wise words of Lady Gaga (of whom I am not a huge fan but oh well)
I'm beautiful in my way
Cause God makes no mistakes
I'm on the right track baby
I was born this way
Don't hide yourself in regret
Just love yourself and you're set
I'm on the right track baby
I was born this way.
Say that over and over until you believe it!
Lots of Love,